Friends of Lotus
Monthly Recurring Donation
Make a Monthly Pledge with the Friends of Lotus Program!
Through the Friends of Lotus program, you can pledge a monthly amount to support the work of our Center, and ensure our ongoing viability. Please consider becoming a Friend of Lotus with a monthly contribution.
As a Friend of Lotus, you will be supporting the work of our Lotus Center in the following important ways…
Lotus Center’s Community Service Work
- Yoga in Public Schools (“YIPS”):YIPS brings non-religious yoga classes, as part of their Physical Education curriculum, to public schools in Grant County. Since the program’s inception in 2017, Lotus instructors have taught yoga to students at eight public schools and one Montessori school. YIPS is provided at no cost to the students and the schools.
- Nonviolent Communication (“NVC”): In November of 2022 and 2023, Lotus Center partnered with the Unitarian Universalist Fellowship of Silver City (“UU”) and the Silver City Food Co-op, respectively, to provide trainings in NVC, as presented in the text of the same title by author Marshall Rosenberg. For these weekend trainings, we retained a Truth or Consequences-based certified NVC trainer; they were attended by 65 people. An outgrowth of that training is a weekly, ongoing NVC “Practice Group,” which is offered at Lotus Center by donation with no one ever being turned away for lack of funds.
- Meditation in Public Schools (“MIPS”): In response to a December 2022 request from the teachers at Aldo Leopold Middle School, Lotus Center dispatched one of our meditation instructors to lead weekly meditation classes to all five homeroom classes at the middle school.
We look forward to continuing our service to the Aldo Middle School in the 2023-24 school year, and to offering meditation at Snell Middle and Aldo Leopold High School as well. MIPS is provided at no cost to the students or the schools.
- Bilingual (Spanish/English) Yoga: To ensure accessibility for everyone, these Spanish-language yoga classes are offered by donation. And while the classes are financially self-sustaining, a foundation of energetic and financial stability provides us the confidence to venture into this type of community service work.
- The Daily Dharma: A free Lotus Center blog that offers inspiring, insightful wisdom vignettes every day. Typical contributors include Eckhart Tolle, Thich Nhat Hanh, Joan Halifax, Richard Rohr, and Michael Singer.
You help create a peaceful community. Our Lotus Center is playing a role in supporting and growing this peaceful energy. Our center is a sanctuary that provides people the opportunity to move, meditate, reduce stress, and create more physical and emotional good health in their lives. In short, Lotus is a place where people can come to learn and practice paths that enable them to realize a place of inner peace. And that that inner peace translates to community peace.
Pledge online using our secure online form:
Or participate by printing, completing and mailing, or by bringing your pledge form to Lotus Center to authorize the set up of your monthly auto-debit. Please mail your form to: P.O. Box 21, Silver City, NM 88062.
We extend our heartfelt thanks to current Friends of Lotus donors…
Mike & Elli Sorensen
Katherine Feist & Dave Krisch
Mary Louise Talbot
Peter Herzberg & Tina Oldknow
Tranquil Buzz Coffee House
Susan Coe Brown
Chris Jepson & Harry Browne
Melvin Gelb & Mary Ann Finn
Don & Wendy Graves
Jack & Nancy Brennan
Mike & Tammy Foley
York Morgan & Yessica Nograro
Jon & Andrea Walker