OUTSIDE Class Descriptions, Dates & Times
Due to the cold and unpredictable weather we have suspended our outdoor classes
until at least February 1, 2021
Outside classes will be held on the back patio of Light Art Space.
To access, please enter through the big gate (with the Light Art Space sign) on Arizona between Broadway and Spring Streets.
- Masks must be worn during class.
- For yoga classes, please bring your own mats.
- Attendance is limited to ten students on a first-come-first-serve basis.
- Pre-registration is not required. Sign-in and payment (via either class card, cash, or check) will take place at class (like in the old days at Lotus Center!).
- Please, please, please check the “Calendar – Moving Arts” page of this website to check for class cancellation or recent changes.
Yoga for Beginners w/ Cate
Fridays, 11:30 AM – 12:30 PM
Have you wanted to try yoga but don’t know which class is right for you? Yoga for Beginners is a class for those with little to no yoga experience. Each class includes instruction on yoga fundamentals, breath awareness, and a series of gentle yoga postures (know as “asanas”). All levels of physical ability are welcome, and props will be used to accommodate individual needs. Questions are encouraged to help guide students “where to go from here.”
Qigong for Health w/ Glenn
Fridays, 1:00 – 2:00 PM
Qigong is a traditional Chinese moving-meditation exercise practice. It blends slow gentle movement, rhythmic breathing & focused intent. Qigong for Health classes focus on exercises proven to build immune function & vital life-force energy, develop physical/mental balance, increase cardio-pulmonary function & expand mental acuity. Qigong for Health is appropriate for beginners as well as experienced students. Qigong for Health exercises are easy to learn & fun to do!